The next scheduled meeting will be on Monday 4th February 2019 at 7pm at the Village Hall, Bonby.
appeal decision has been received for planning application PA/2017/564 - Planning permission for the erection of four agricultural
buildings for poultry rearing, together with associated feed bins,
infrastructure and new highway access, at Hall
Farm, Middlegate Lane, Bonby.
The appeal has been dismissed. For further information, please follow link below:
Bonby Parish Council - Emergency Plan
What is it?
All major emergencies will be dealt with by emergency services, local authorities, utilities and voluntary agencies in a combined response. However, in extreme circumstances (for example heavy snowfall), that might prevent the emergency services from reaching the scene immediately, the initial response may rely entirely on Bonby residents.
How can you help?
We need details of residents we can call on in extreme circumstances who have skills or resources that may be vital, such as:
Medical assistance – Doctor, Nurse, Paramedic
Practical Assistance – 4x4’s, tractors, chainsaw users, pumps, telehandlers, snow ploughs, etc
If you have any of these or any other vital skills or resources and are willing to be contacted for assistance in extreme circumstances, please contact the Emergency Plan Co-ordinator – Sarah Harriman on 618 657.
- The Parish Council still has two Councillor vacancies. If you
feel you are able to spare around an hour on the first Monday of the month
at 7pm (excluding August and January) please do contact us. Our
meetings are under an hour generally, productive and friendly. The
Parish Council aim to improve the village but a full quota of Councillors
is required to really make an impact.
If you would like to try and help make our lovely village the best it can be, please contact the clerk - firstname.lastname@example.org - we would be delighted to welcome new Cllrs.
- We would like to form a Bonby Green Team to improve our village. If you can spare a little time, please contact Sarah Harriman on 618657.
Neighbourhood Watch Update
Your Neighbourhood Watch Co-Ordinator is Robert Hopkins (01652) 618 350
Please see below crime prevention message from Humberside Police
In November, Humberside Police have noted a large rise in burglaries, including break ins to sheds and other out buildings. We understand how distressing and worrying this must be for many people, especially with the time of year we are currently in. We would like to reassure all residents that Humberside Police will be conducting further high visibility patrols and will be checking out any suspicious persons we find.
We would also like to take this time to remind all residents about how to protect their own homes, including the following:
- · Keep your doors and windows locked - Even when you are in the house, make sure everything is locked so no one can walk in – it only takes a second for someone to get in!
- · Make sure nothing is on show - Take a walk past your windows and see what you can see when you look in – this is what everyone else can see as well! Make sure things are hidden away!
- · Take keys up to bed with you - Never leave keys downstairs, first for your own safety but also to prevent them being taken
- · If you have an alarm, make sure you set it! - Alarms are one of the best deterrents you can have
- · Think about CCTV - Burglars never want to be identified
Humberside Police would like to reassure everyone that whilst the number of burglaries have gone up, we have made a number of enquiries into them which are still ongoing.
If you notice anything suspicious, please call us on 101 or 999 in an emergency, and you can access a wide range of information on our website – www.humberside.police.uk, and don’t forget to sign up to My Community Alert which gives you information about things going on in your area – www.mycommunityalert.co.uk
Bonby Neighbourhood Watch Group would like to say a big thank you to all residents for the very positive responses to the questionnaire. The group are now working with the local police team looking for new initiatives for the village.