The next meeting of Bonby Neighbourhood Watch will be Thursday 28th March 2019 at 7pm at the Village Hall, Bonby
Your Neighbourhood Watch Co-Ordinator is Robert Hopkins (01652) 618 350
Police Drop-in Surgery - Bonby Village Hall - 10th April 4-6pm
Please see below crime prevention message from Humberside Police
In November, Humberside Police have noted a large rise in burglaries, including break ins to sheds and other out buildings. We understand how distressing and worrying this must be for many people, especially with the time of year we are currently in. We would like to reassure all residents that Humberside Police will be conducting further high visibility patrols and will be checking out any suspicious persons we find.
We would also like to take this time to remind all residents about how to protect their own homes, including the following:
- · Keep your doors and windows locked - Even when you are in the house, make sure everything is locked so no one can walk in – it only takes a second for someone to get in!
- · Make sure nothing is on show - Take a walk past your windows and see what you can see when you look in – this is what everyone else can see as well! Make sure things are hidden away!
- · Take keys up to bed with you - Never leave keys downstairs, first for your own safety but also to prevent them being taken
- · If you have an alarm, make sure you set it! - Alarms are one of the best deterrents you can have
- · Think about CCTV - Burglars never want to be identified
Humberside Police would like to reassure everyone that whilst the number of burglaries have gone up, we have made a number of enquiries into them which are still ongoing.
If you notice anything suspicious, please call us on 101 or 999 in an emergency, and you can access a wide range of information on our website – www.humberside.police.uk, and don’t forget to sign up to My Community Alert which gives you information about things going on in your area – www.mycommunityalert.co.uk
Bonby Neighbourhood Watch Group would like to say a big thank you to all residents for the very positive responses to the questionnaire. The group are now working with the local police team looking for new initiatives for the village.
21st January 2019
28th February 2019